3M Fire Block Sealant FB 136 is a one component, non-combustible draft, smoke and fire blocking sealant, designed to resist high temperatures and smoke passage in nonrated construction. Use 3M Fire Block Sealant FB 136 to seal interior construction voids around wires, pipes, HVAC ducts and vents, in wood or steel framed non-rated construction. This fire block is tack-free in approximately 15 minutes and features minimal shrinkage and sag-resistant formulation to help ensure longevity, plus a halogen-free formula. This fire block also provides excellent adhesion that bonds to concrete, brick, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing.
- Tested as a type V residential Fireblock to ASTM E 84 (modified)
- Durable caulk is heat-resistant (up to 240°F/115°C)
- Acts as a draft stop to help reduce air infiltration
- Thermal insulator offers an R-value of 4 in. - 5 in. (25.4 mm) typical
- FB-136 is ready-to-use (no mixing required)
- Tack-free in approximately 15 minutes
- Meets International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC) fire blocking requirements
- Features minimal shrinkage to help ensure longevity
- Excellent adhesion that bonds to concrete, brick, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing
- Sealant requires no special handling for routine disposal
- Thixotropic material resists sag or run in vertical or overhead applications
- Need help choosing the right Caulk? Click Here for Home Depot's Buying Guide!
- Click Here for the How to Caulk Project Guide