2 in. x 8 in. x 10 ft. #2 Prime Cedar-Tone Ground Contact Pressure-Treated Lumber
- 2X the protection compared to Above Ground treatment
- Treated for protection against fungal decay, rot and termites
- Use for decks, walkways, landscaping and other outdoor projects
Pressure-Treated Southern Yellow Pine meets the highest grading standards for strength and appearance. Color-infused, so pigment is driven deep into wood fibers, creating beauty that's guaranteed to stand up to the elements for years. Treated for protection against fungal decay, rot and termites, it is ideal for ground contact and a variety of general uses including exposed structures, sill plates, decks, docks, ramps and other outdoor applications.Treated wood is typically still wet when it’s delivered to The Home Depot or job site. As it dries, you should expect slight changes in width and length. As lumber dries, it may split, cup and warp. This is more likely to occur to occur in lower-grade boards, where knots and uneven grains are already present. Each piece of lumber is unique and carries physical characteristics that may include the following: knots, warping, shrinkage, swelling and/or splitting.
- Made of southern yellow pine
- Ground Contact treated lumber can be used in both Above Ground and Ground Contact exterior applications
- Backed by a lifetime limited warranty against termite infestation and rot
- 2 in. x 8 in. x 10 ft.
- Must use Ground Contact pressure treated lumber where lumber is at risk for poor air circulation, less than six inches from the ground, or has poor or no water drainage below the structure
- #2 grade lumber has few defects, knots are well-spaced and do not exceed the size regulations.
- Ideal for a variety of general uses including exposed structures, sill plates, decks, docks, ramps and other outdoor applications
- Uniform thickness, density and appearance for stable and long lasting performance
- Hot-dip galvanized fasteners are recommended
- Individual pieces of pressure treated lumber will reference Ground Contact on the end tag
- No two pieces of lumber are the same.
- Color, grain pattern and texture will vary as well.
- Prime grade lumber is the perfect choice if appearance is the main concern with your lumber project
- Prime grade lumber has fewer knots and an overall better appearance
- Prime grade lumber can be used for deck boards, fence panels