The 3M Full Face Mask 6000 Series Respirators helps provide respiratory protection from a variety of gases, vapors, and particulate hazards at concentrations up to 10 times the permissible exposure limit (PEL) when properly fitted and used with approved 3M cartridges and filters.
The 6000 Series features air purifying respirator (APR), supplied air (SA), and powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) modes.
The lightweight, well-balanced design of the 6000 Full Face Series features a silicone face seal for optimal fit and comfort.
The large lens gives the wearer a wide, unobstructed field of view and excellent visibility.
The unique center adapter directs exhaled breath and moisture downward, which helps reduce debris from depositing in the valve and allows for quick and easy cleaning. Plus, the unique 3M Cool Flow™ Valve provides cooler, drier comfort.
For use with 3M Cartridges 6000 Series; 3M Filters 2000, 2200, 7000, or 5000 Series; or 3M Dual Airline Systems against a variety of gases, vapors, and particulate hazards according to NIOSH approvals
WARNING: Not for use in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).
- Failure to follow all instructions and limitations on the use of this respirator and/or failure to wear this respirator during all times of exposure can reduce respirator effectiveness and may result in sickness or death.
- Before occupational use of this respirator, a written respiratory protection program must be implemented meeting all the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, such as medical evaluation, training, and fit testing, and applicable OSHA substance specific standards. In Canada, follow the recommendations of CSA Z94.4 and/or requirements of the applicable jurisdiction, as appropriate.
- The airborne contaminants, which can be dangerous to your health, include those that are so small you cannot see them.
- Leave contaminated area immediately and contact supervisor if you smell or taste contaminants or if dizziness, irritation, or other distress occurs.
- Store respirator away from contaminated areas when not in use.
- Dispose of used product in accordance with applicable regulations.
- This respirator does not supply oxygen when used in air-purifying mode. Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
- Do not use when concentrations of contaminants are immediately dangerous to life and health, are unknown, or when concentrations exceed 10 times the permissible exposure limit (PEL) in air-purifying mode when qualitatively fit tested, 50 times the PEL in air-purifying mode when quantitatively fit tested, 1,000 times PEL in supplied air mode, or according to specific OSHA standards or applicable government regulations, whichever is lower.
- Do not alter, abuse, or misuse this respirator.
- Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the face seal of the respirator.
Service Life of Chemical Cartridges and Filters:
3M™ Chemical Cartridges 6000 Series must be used before the expiration date on cartridge packaging. The useful service life of these cartridges will depend upon activity of wearer (breathing rate), specific type, volatility and concentration of contaminants, and environmental conditions, such as humidity, pressure, and temperature.
Cartridges must be replaced in accordance with an established change schedule, regulations, or earlier if smell, taste, or irritation from contaminants is detected.
Filters must be replaced if they become damaged, soiled, or if increased breathing resistance occurs. N-series filters should not be used in environments containing oils. R-series filters may be limited to 8 hours of continuous or intermittent use if oil aerosols are present. In environments containing only oil aerosols, P-series filters should be replaced after 40 hours of use or 30 days, whichever is first.
- Low maintenance
- Numerous cartridge/filter options
- Filters and cartridges sold separately
- NIOSH approved