James Hardie HardieBacker .42 in. Cement Board is a cement backerboard designed for use with walls, floors and countertops. Use on walls in moisture prone areas, as a tile backerboard and as an underlayment for all tile, vinyl and wood flooring applications. Provides excellent adhesion, resists moisture and features MoldBlock Technology to protect the board against damage from mold. .42 in. thickness provides strength and ease of use on walls, with flooring or countertop projects in bathrooms, kitchens and laundry rooms.
- Protects project outcome with excellent adhesion
- Contains no fillers or abrasive aggregate, made with 90% Portland cement and sand for strength, creating a strong foundation for projects
- Moisture resistant board works in wet areas
- Score and Snap - easily perform quick and clean cuts indoors using a scoring knife or a utility knife
- Strong enough for use in commercial or residential applications
- 3 ft. x 5 ft. Board is .42 in. deep and works on floor, wall, countertop or backsplash applications
- Consult local building codes for waterproofing requirements before beginning any project