SHEERTROCK Brand EcoSmart Firecode 30 5/8 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. Gypsum Board represents a revolution in wallboard manufacturing, significantly reducing the need for natural resources and impact on the environment. From a transformative perspective, an industry-wide conversion could save over 1.7 billion gallons of water, reduce CO2 emissions by over 2.8 billion pounds and save 5.5 million gallons of diesel transportation fuel annually. These third-generation gypsum panels have been formulated to achieve all of the strength and physical performance characteristics as standard 5/8 in. USG SHEERTROCK Brand Firecode X Panels at a significantly lower environmental impact and reduced weight. They feature an innovative, engineered gypsum core and proprietary face and back papers that form a high strength-to-weight ratio composite design. The noncombustible core is encased in stronger, 100% recycled face and back papers. The natural finish face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core and the ends are cut square and even. The long edges of panels are tapered, allowing joints to be reinforced and concealed with USG SHEERTROCK Brand joint treatment systems. The panels are UL Classified for fire resistance and can be used in any UL Design where Type FC30 panels are listed. On the face along the long edge of each panel, the UL Type Designation is printed for easy identification after installation.
- Intended for commercial or residential applications where 5/8 in. type X panels are not required
- 27% less global warming potential (GWP)
- 28% less water used in the manufacturing process
- 30% less weight reduces transportation fuel energy by 20%
- Up to 99% pre-consumer recycled content
- Achieved GREENGUARD Gold certification and qualifies as a low VOC emitting material (meets CA 01350)